The HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN) is a worldwide collaborative clinical trials network that brings together investigators, ethicists, community and other partners to develop and test the safety and efficacy of interventions designed to prevent the acquisition and transmission of HIV. HPTN studies evaluate new HIV prevention interventions and strategies in populations and geographical regions that bear a disproportionate burden of infection.
The HPTN research agenda is focused primarily on the use of integrated strategies: use of antiretroviral drugs (antiretroviral therapy and pre-exposure prophylaxis); interventions for substance abuse, particularly injection drug use; behavioral risk reduction interventions and structural interventions. The HPTN is committed to the highest ethical standards for its clinical trials and recognizes the importance of community engagement in all phases of the research process.
The HPTN seeks a physician for a consultancy or contract position for 50% time for one year, which could be renewed on an annual basis.
• Collaborate with protocol team leadership to develop systematic methods of providing guidance to clinical research site teams on clinical management, ensuring consistency and harmonization across studies.
• Be knowledgeable of all assigned study protocols, including study drug profiles.
• Manage queries to the clinical management committees (CMCs) for HPTN biomedical studies, per the requirements of the protocol, and ensure all queries from sites to the CMC are resolved.
• Review and identify trends and signals in study-specific clinical and laboratory events.
• Collaborate with protocol team leadership to create and revise regulatory documents that pertain to clinical management issue such as Serious Adverse Events (SAE) reporting.
• Collaborate with team leadership and statistical center on Study Monitoring Committee/Data and Safety Monitoring Board review activities as they pertain to relevant clinical issues.
• Collaborate with protocol team leadership to conduct site trainings and re-trainings for clinical and safety management.
• Provide scientific review and input into concept and protocol development.
• Assist with creating and/or reviewing abstracts, manuscripts and conference presentations as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
A physician (MD or equivalent degree) is required.Clinical trial experience is preferred. Board Certification in internal medicine, family practice or infectious diseases is preferred. The ideal candidate should:
• Have experience working with HIV (treatment, prevention, HIV-related trials)
• Be highly organized
• Be able to work in diverse, global teams, both virtually and in-person
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be able to handle multiple concurrent projects
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Dr. Nirupama Sista, Director, HPTN LOC at FHI 360 at email@example.com.