The 2022 HPTN Annual Meeting will take place at the JW Marriott on June 5-8, 2022, in Washington, D.C. At present, we are planning for an in-person meeting with a virtual participation option for those unable or who choose not to attend in person. The Annual Meeting will feature several plenaries, presentations, and discussions regarding HIV and COVID-19 prevention research, and interactive question and answer sessions. Study-specific protocol team meetings are also planned.
Planning to Attend in Person or Virtually?
To help you make an informed decision, consider the following information:
- All in-person attendees must be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, including the primary series plus a booster dose for U.S. residents eligible to receive one and non-U.S. visitors, where available.
- For travel within the U.S.: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html
- For travel into the U.S.: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html
- Any travel-related testing and quarantine requirements are the responsibility of attendees and reimbursable through your funding institution.
- To view the JW Marriott’s COVID-19 safety protocols, visit What to Expect in the Age of COVID-19 | JW Marriott Washington, DC
- COVID-19 Vaccination records must be uploaded during registration for in-person attendees. Records will be deleted within one month after the meeting. For more information, please see our data privacy notice.
The Intended Audience for the 2022 HPTN Annual Meeting Includes:
- Clinical Trial Units (CTUs)/Clinical Research Sites (CRS) Site staff;
- Principal Investigators/IORs;
- CRS key study staff (community representative, community educator, study coordinators, study clinicians/nurses, laboratory representative, pharmacists);
- Researchers engaged in HIV prevention
COVID-19 Safety Protocols for In-Person Attendees
We are looking forward to a successful meeting using a hybrid format this year. To provide a safe environment for all in-person attendees, we have developed the following protocols to help reduce the risk of getting COVID-19:
- Face masks must always be worn within indoor meeting spaces and meeting rooms. Cloth masks will not be permitted. We will have a variety of CDC-recommended masks available, including KN95 and surgical. You may also bring your own non-cloth mask.
- Eating will not be permitted in plenary or meeting rooms to minimize close contact without masks. Designated eating areas will be clearly marked.
- Attendees should test for COVID-19 (PCR or rapid) the day before arriving at the JW Marriott hotel and every morning while attending the meeting.
- Attendees will receive COVID-19 rapid test kits during registration to perform daily testing. Testing should be done at home or in your hotel room before attending any meeting events. Designated testing space is available at the JW Marriott for attendees not staying at the hotel who need a test kit upon arrival.
- Attendees will receive a website link each morning at 6 a.m. (EST) to submit daily test results and self-assessments.
- If you have any COVID-19-like symptoms or test positive, medical staff will be available to provide guidance and support (contact details will be provided at check-in).
- Seek immediate emergency medical care (dial 911) if you experience any life-threatening COVID-19 symptoms such as trouble breathing, pain or pressure in the chest, or the inability to stay awake.
- HPTN Annual Meeting staff will assist any attendee(s) who must quarantine at the JW Marriott while attending the meeting.
- Check with your insurance provider (medical or travel) that you are covered if you get sick during the meeting.
- Reconfirm whether your COVID-19 vaccine is accepted to enter the U.S.
- Consider your health status before traveling.