We look forward to welcoming you to the 2023 HPTN Africa Regional Meeting at The Westin Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa, from 27-29 September 2023.
The objectives of the 2023 HPTN African Regional Meeting are:
- Inspire and explore new ideas among African investigators within the network’s current focus areas:
- TasP beyond 052 and 071
- Synergy in STI and HIV prevention research
- Status-neutral HIV prevention interventions in MSM and transgender women in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Improving PrEP uptake and persistence by offering a choice of interventions and tools best suited for specific populations (e.g., AGYW, pregnant women).
- Non-drug interventions in adolescents
- Prevention in pregnant and lactating women
- PrEP in substance users
- Strengthen collaboration and promote active involvement between HPTN leadership, site leadership, community, and staff.
- Elevate the quality of study conduct by facilitating the exchange of successful experiences from sites implementing pivotal HPTN trials in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).
The Westin Cape Town, South Africa
Convention Square, Lower Long St, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
+27 21 412 9999
COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
HPTN Leadership encourages everyone to protect themselves and others from COVID-19. Due to rising COVID-19 cases, we ask everyone to test daily for COVID-19 and report the results.
- Rapid self-test kits and masks are available at the Registration Desk.
- Attendees will receive daily test reminders via email and from the mobile app with a link to report their results.
- If you receive a positive or inconclusive test result, please isolate and report it to receive prompt support from HPTN staff.
- Please attend virtually if you have COVID-19 symptoms or test positive/inconclusive for COVID-19. Reach out to our staff for additional guidance and support: email@example.com.
- Everyone is encouraged to take enhanced precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters.
- Test each morning before attending the meeting.
- Wear a mask in closed meeting spaces.
- Practice social distancing and increased handwashing.
We appreciate your diligence in taking the necessary precautions for the health and safety of all attendees.
For questions, comments, or concerns, email HPTNregionalmeeting@fhi360.org.